Warehouse logistics is an ecosystem of solutions and tools that coexist and work together to achieve common goals including: warehousing and keeping goods and order preparation. Technological advancement has made the warehouse the protagonist of continuous progress. It consists of systems capable of accelerating goods management and order preparation, improving operating conditions, limiting errors and increasing productivity. On this path to more efficiency in warehouse operations, people are also involved, no longer as simple executors, but as coordinators of an intuitive and innovative system that has been developed to their advantage.
A distinction must be made in the complex world of warehouse logistics:
- Storage solutions, i.e. the actual structures in which the goods are stored, e.g. B. the automatic vertical and horizontal bearings
- Warehouse automation software designed to integrate with automated warehouse systems
- Picking solutions, i.e. systems that optimize the preparation of orders from the moment the goods are removed from the storage areas.
- This article takes a closer look at the picking solutions and their impact on warehouse logistics.
The advantages of order picking solutions for warehouse logistics
All of these new order picking tools such as Vertical Carousels are precisely targeted to the needs of the operator and to improve productivity. Put-to-light, picking station and picking cart are 3 complementary elements that work in synergy to improve production performance, a fundamental factor in various sectors, such as sales. Particularly noteworthy among the main objectives of the order picking solutions are:
- Improvement of the execution speed (e.g. the number of picking processes in a certain time unit) and thus achieving savings in processing time
- Greater precision, which reduces errors (which can occur during manual processing)
- Reduce the impact of reverse logistics
- Implementation of high-performance order picking auxiliary solutions in order to guarantee an optimal level of efficiency at all times with low maintenance and updating costs.
Do you want to optimize the picking processes in the warehouse? Download the picking manual.